Me making a list is the most direct path to me not doing anything on the list. I am perverse that way. The Resident Storm Chaser says I am a Contrarian, and the sad thing is, I’m that way even with my own things.
But I’m going to make a list for today and see if I can accomplish everything on this list.
1) Plant garlic.
Plant shallots. [Planted some, will stagger planting to stagger harvest.]
Work organic landscape mix into bed that needs it. [Completed with assistance of Resident Storm Chaser although: I am the one who got the three bags of heavy landscape mix out of the car and hauled them to the backyard and dumped them in the bed and spread them around before turning it over to him to mix more thoroughly, and did more work and heavier work than that, before I realized I wasn’t wearing my fitbit. ARRRRRRRRGH!]
Move brassica into bed that will be ready for it once it gets more landscape mix in it. [Done. That part was easy once the bed was ready. Plants hadn’t been in the ground long enough for root balls to spread beyond my ability to move them. Success!]
5) Walk over 5,000 steps (which yes, is only half what the damned fitbit sets as its minimum but I changed the minimum to meet my own sloth-like standards so just hush). [See ARRRRRRRRRGH above.]
6) Find my Wii control.
Find the Apple TV thingy. [Resident Storm Chaser found it, yay!]
(8) Create a perfect margarita.
That should do it.
Now is where it gets fun.
Now is where I will put the list of things I do instead of everything on my list. Because believe me, that is what will happen.
1) Move lavender out of raised bed. This is a valid thing to do. It’s just not time sensitive like the other things, which means I spent time doing this instead of things that need doing today.
2) Sweep all the dead leaves off the patio. Put up folding chairs from patio. Etc. This is a valid thing to do. It’s just not time sensitive like the other things, which means I spent time doing this instead of things that need doing today.
3) Are we seeing a trend?
4) Lots of digging through boxes and hunting around for the Wii control. Grrrrrr. Oh, and reading. Oh hush.
To be cont’d.