That I’m taking a challenge to see how many British authors I read in 2010!
1. Anyone can join. You don’t need a blog to participate.
2. There are four levels:
• “Put The Kettle On” – Read 2 Typically British novels.
• “Gordon Bennett” – Read 4 Typically British novels.
• “Bob’s Your Uncle” – Read 6 Typically British novels.
• “Cream Crackered” – Read 8 Typically British novels.
3. Any book format counts. Must be fiction not non-fiction.
4. You don’t have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront then you can change them, nothing is set in stone!
5. The books you choose can crossover into other challenges.
6. If you decide to participate in this challenge please use the link I have set up below with the button to post on your sidebar, this way others can find their way back to this post and join in the fun.
7. If you decide to join this challenge be sure to create a post telling others, please make sure you add a link back to this post so others can join in.
8. There will be a place for you to link your reviews, but this is optional.
9. Obviously only British authors count!
The only question is, how long will it take me to get to 8? (Must check current reading list to see how many I might have already read…)
Okay, have read several books but this is the only one by a British author so far:
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (Random House Reader’s Circle)
I thought it would be quaint and twee and wasn’t in the mood, but then I read the sample chapter on my Kindle and decided I wanted to go ahead and take the plunge. It is more than quaint and twee, even though it has that in spades. In short, I liked it very much. Maybe 4 out of 5 stars.